There are numerous benefits to becoming a full member of the club:
- Get unlimited access to some of the best fly-fishing in the country.
- No rod fees and telephone booking.
- Invites to club weekends.
- Support our sport through sustainable stocking and management programs.
- Bring your guests for a reduced rate of R120 per rod per day.
- Support FOSAF and the sport of trout fly fishing
Joining the UHTFC is a quick and simple process as currently there is no waiting list. An application form can be downloaded from the bottom of this page and describes the joining process in more detail.
You will need to be introduced to the club by two members of at least two years standing. If you don’t know anyone in the club then feel free to drop into the club house between 8am and 10am from Friday to Sunday and whoever is on duty will help you get started. Please do not submit your application without it being proposed and seconded.
Once your application has been submitted it will be put forward at the next committee meeting which are held monthly. Once approved you will be notified and sent an invoice for the appropriate amount.
The following classes of membership are available:
|Ordinary Member (1 adult)||R995.00||OM|
|Ordinary Member + Wife||R1 175.00||OMW|
|Family Member (Any number of members of one family, children under 16 years)||R1 300.00||F|
|Person under 16 years of age or full time students whose parents are not members||R375.00||S|
|Senior Member (over 70)||R395.00||OMS|
|Corporate Membership||R2 500.00||C|
Subscription fees are from 1st July – 30 June and there is also a once of joining fee of R450 per application.
This is what your joining fee contributes to:
- Fish stocks in the dams
- Goodwill of the riparian owners built up by the club
- Facilities such as boats and boat houses
- Access to rivers and dams due to bramble clearing etc
- Control of weeds and water management
The booking telephone number is 082 636 3985. Please call during office hours only.
Please familiarise yourself with the club rules and in particular:
- Always leave farm gates as you found them.
- Do not light any fires or have picnics on the private farms.
- No pets.
We look forward to welcoming you to the club and wish good luck with your fishing.